UW Medicine is pleased to announce the launch of our first UW Medicine Well-Being Grants aimed at improving the workplace and learning environment for our community. These grants are possible thanks to a generous donation of $100,000 to support the well-being of our community. They will support impactful activities, programming, projects, and/or applied research that aligns with the goals of our well-being work.
All faculty, staff, and trainees from across UW Medicine are encouraged to apply.
Read the full application criteria and details here. Frequently asked questions can be found further down on this page.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Looking for help on your proposal?
If you have questions about your project before submitting your application, please consider joining one of our informational sessions by Zoom.
Tuesday, March 21 from 2-3 pm PDT (click this Zoom link to join)
Thursday, April 6 from 12-1 pm PDT (click this Zoom link to join)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 990 1356 0526
Frequently Asked Questions
When are applications due?
Applications open March 1, 2023 and close on April 21, 2023 at 11:45pm PDT.
Do you have a flyer that I can post in my work area?
Yes we do! Feel free to print this 5×7″ flyer with a QR code that takes you to the application.
What does the application require?
The application can be found here: https://uwsom.sjc1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dd21xNiFGkAa1YW
You may save and return to the application to complete it within one month of starting it. In addition to answering the questions in the application, at the end of the application you will be asked to submit a single PDF with the following materials in the order listed as follows:
- Project Proposal (750-word maximum)
- Brief background describing the need your proposed project will address
- Brief description of your proposed project, including clearly delineated goals or aims
- Brief description of how you will evaluate whether or not your project met its intended goals
- Statement on how your project aligns with the well-being goals and how it will impact the UW Medicine community
- Detailed budget proposal (no more than one page) on how the funds will be used. Please include a description of matching funds and / or any additional funds to support your project as applicable.
Who is on the grant selection committee?
A Grants Review Committee will review each application. The committee consists of members representing groups across UW Medicine.
School of Medicine
UW Primary Care
School of Medicine
Who is eligible to apply for a grant?
Any employee of UW Medicine. You can also apply as a group or team. While students cannot submit grants, we encourage them to be parts of teams that apply.
Any SoM faculty paid by a UW Medicine entity (FHCC, UWMC, HMC, Valley, UWPC) or a UW Medicine affiliated entity (VA- Puget Sound, SCH) is eligible to apply.
What are some examples of acceptable proposals?
Projects that enhance the well-being and foster community for a group of people are the focus of this program. Examples may include:
- Creating or enhancing a recharge space for a team
- Enrolling a team in a mindfulness or stress reduction course
- Creating a team leave or vacation coverage system
- Integrating a nutritious meal planning program that a team can contribute to and participate in
- Participating in a creative arts or physical activity program as a team
- Planting seeds and maintaining a vegetable garden near a work area
- Starting a book club focused on well-being for team members in a unit
Are there guidelines of how the funds can be spent?
Guidelines for the grants are as follows:
- Funds will not be distributed to individuals
- Funds cannot be used to pay salaries
- Food is acceptable if consistent with UW policies and guidelines
If I receive a grant, is there a deadline for completing my project?
Grant recipients will be announced by late May. Once funds are provided to your group, you will have until May 2024 to implement and complete your project.
Funds will be provided to a leader who has budget authority and released per UW internal standard accounting requirements. Granted funds will need to be applied to a budget.