This policy details outside professional work rules at the University of Washington.

Subject to certain limited exceptions, faculty who desire to engage in outside professional activities are required to obtain prior approval from the University using the Request for Approval of Outside Professional Work for Compensation (Form 1460).  In the SoM, faculty submit Form 1460s through an online portal.